Dafuq is this?
Welcome to a wonderful place where being diagnosed with a terrifying condition includes pumping platinum directly into your jugular. Why Platinum? Well Cisplatin is a Chemo-drug (more on that later) known as a Platinum-based antineoplastic. So yes, I have Platinum in my blood.
As of August 28th, year of our lord 2017, I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer. This is where I'll be chronicling -- or trying to chronicle -- my journey into the abyss of being diagnosed with cancer. I'll be starting with what's already happened in the story so far to get you up to speed but my hope is we'll get to the point of "Live Updates". I'll be using my previously unused Twitter Account to post updates.
A few things I'd like to cover up front here:
- The prognosis for my type of cancer is called "Good Risk", this means I'm expected to make a full recovery;
- The overall survivability for Testicular Cancer is 95%, this is about as close to 100% as you can get;
- The Chemotherapy will be an intensive 9-Weeks, it started on September 11th;
- 3 of those Chemo-weeks will be: Monday - Friday for between 6 - 7 hours;
- The best thing you can do to support me is let me know you care and/or make a donation to a cancer research foundation, I'll post some good options soon;
- Enjoy yourselves here, you'll find I have a good sense of humor about all of this.
Finally, hopefully you can view these in order. I tried to make them chronologically post but since some of it is in retrospect, that was hard. You can follow the posts below. Good luck. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter and Email (MikeDLarkin@gmail.com) for more updates.